Friday, September 28, 2007

Green Eyed Monster!

Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies. ~Elizabeth Bowen
I'm generally not a jealous person, this is an emotion I don't deal with often. Not often at all! But, when I do deal with it, the feeling of being jealous sneaks up on me and attacks like a virus. It gets in through the smallest opening, mutates your other feelings and thoughts and continues to multiply until it infects you with negative thought. Before you know it, you are left there not feeling like yourself.
If your lucky enough to catch this virus before it gets to far you can do something to prevent yourself from feeling overwhelmed. But, if you don't manage to catch it and it spreads it is such a harmful and corrupting emotion. I just feel so invaded at the moment.
You know, I don't think that I am jealous. I don't resent or feel any malice at all towards this "thing". I don't have a painful desire for the things others have, I just realize that I have a want and a need for something that is lacking in my life at the moment. I am just a bit envious in general. And the craving for this lacking seems to be a bit overpowering.
Now I move forward and look for peace in and with myself. I am glad to have had the opportunity to see this feeling sneaking up on me. Now I will look for happiness!
We learn the inner secret of happiness when we learn to direct our inner drives, our interest and our attention to something besides ourselves. Ethel Percy Andrus

No comments: