Monday, February 16, 2009

Apple of my eye...

Valentines was a quiet day for me, well at least the beginning of it... I'm not the kind of girl that needs all of the bells and whistles of a silly holiday, but I was a bit bummed that my boyfriend was in class all day then heading straight to duty at the firehouse after. I wouldn't be able to see him at all on Valentines.



But, I did still have a wonderful Valentine, my handsome 4 year old boy!



My lil' man and I slept in late, as I've started a near impossible habit of him sleeping in my bed when I separated from my X, this has been something that doesn't happen often. I've been trying to get the lil'man to sleep in his own room, which is like trying to pull teeth with feathers! Anywho... I've been making some progress in him staying in his own room, but the Friday before Valentines I had no problem with him "sneaking" into my bed halfway through the night. We woke up late, had a great breakfast then quickly snuggled up on the couch to watch one of his "kid's movies". We've been on a Damnation's kick lately... So Damnation's it was!



After a bit I decided that I wanted to check my email and as we had started the day cuddling up watching movies, he decided that he needed to cuddle up in the chair with me while I poked around on the computer. From time to time I would play and talk with him, all while reaching over him to gain access to the keyboard. When all of a sudden he looks at me, grabs my face and tells me "Mommy... Your the Apple of my Eye".



While I didn't have have a romantic Valentines, I will take a day of cuddling with my lil'man any day... And to have him say something so wonderful spontaneously... man, I'm a lucky mom!

No comments: